I have had a shawl design idea rolling around in my head for weeks now, begging to be turned into a pattern. So last night I grabbed some leftover Madison Worsted, some Harmony Wood needles, some graph paper, and a pencil. I drew part of the chart, tested it by knitting, frogged quite a few times, erased, drew some more, knitted some more…you get the idea. Finally I got things worked out, and I’ve gotten a bit knitted. It’s not turning out how I imagined, but it’s still gorgeous! I’ll finish the swatch and start on another to see if I can get my vision down on paper. In the meantime, that’s a snapshot of what I’ve got so far.