Hello everyone! I am so excited about an idea I had last week! As I’ve mentioned all over the place (because I’m so thrilled with how it turned out), I played around with dip-dyeing last week. I created some very fun new colorways that I’m super proud of, and I can’t wait to create more.
So what’s this contest business? Well, one of the colorways got named, but I wasn’t happy with it. The colors begged to be recognized as something else, and finally I realized what it was. It reminded me of something I love, something that — um, I’ll be quiet now. I don’t want to spoil the secret!
Anyway, that’s where the contest comes in: you get to guess what I ended up naming the colorway, and the first person who guesses correctly gets a skein of the colorway in a random base from my shop. Sound fun? I hope it does! Here’s the run-down…
- the colorway is pictured in the graphic above
- guesses will be made via commenting on this entry
- you can guess as many times as you want, but only one guess per comment
- comments (and guessing) will close in a week — September 30th
- the winner will be announced here on the blog
- the yarn will be dyed on my next dye day and shipped once I’ve gotten the winner’s address
Did I cover everything? If I forgot something, let me know!
If no one guesses it within the week, I’ll post a hint and extend the guessing period by another week. Hopefully I won’t have to do that, though, because I know you’re all terribly clever. I look forward to seeing what you think! :D
Now before you start guessing, I want to give just one hint: the name is something that is found outdoors.